Monday, October 24, 2011

In the army now...

I am taking this moment to dedicate a post to my very closest friend, Rachel. Or should I say Private Perkins? Yup that's right... my bestie joined the army!

I can never imagine doing such a thing myself and I know I am not a strong enough (physically or mentally; need my beauty sleep) person. But my five foot tall friend has taken on the challenge of a lifetime and I am so proud of her. I think anyone who wants to serve our country deserves all the credit and respect in the world. She is two weeks into basic and I'm praying she makes it through. I know she can! I received my second letter from her today and am glued to my mail box to learn about her journey.

Does anyone else have family or friends in the armed forces?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love