Thursday, October 25, 2012

Dinner for One: Taco Stuffed Peppers

I'm happy to say I'm feeling accomplished today. I worked on the blog, learned some Photoshop in the meantime and did some writing work, among other household things I won't bore you with. I even planned out some of my Christmas present to check off my list early. Morgan and I also had a photo session for some photos that I'm thinking will be on our Christmas card this year. You will have to wait to see those... but I'm pretty excited about them. 

After all that I wondered what to make for dinner. On the nights Matt is not home for dinner Morgan generally gets something she likes and I make something for myself that no one else will eat. Tonight I ended up throwing together some things that I wanted to use up around the kitchen and came up with taco stuffed peppers. 


IMG167.jpg


My oh my were they good. Here's now I made them:

*Note: This was dinner for one. You will have to modify sizes to meet your needs.

1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 of a chopped onion
1/2 of a chopped red pepper
1 large green pepper
1/2 of a package of taco seasoning
1 package of boil-in-bag brown rice

1. Cut the top off the green pepper and take out the seeds. Set inside a baking dish.
2. Brown the ground beef. Drain the juices.
3. Add about 1/3 cup of water to the pan and simmer. Stir in taco seasoning, onion and red pepper until most of the water has evaporated.
4. Meanwhile be cooking your brown rice. Once done, stir into beef mixture.
5. Scoop mixture into pepper.
6. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. I like my pepper still a little firm. If you like yours softer than cook it longer.

I didn't have any shredded cheddar cheese, but that would have been a good addition. 

I did have a good portion of rice/beef mixture left over. Sounds like lunch tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love