Thursday, May 24, 2012

Post-It Note Teachers' Gift

Where has the time gone? All of a sudden it is almost June!  I can't believe the school year is almost over. I am really looking forward to summer. Lazy days by the water, not having to get up at 6 am. Bliss!

Before school ends though we have to think about teacher gifts. My daughter has a regular classroom teacher and the school nurse who doubles as a teachers assistant in her room. This year we were inspired by a Pinterest find. (Please tell me someone else out there spends way too much time on that site too.) I thought this was so cute and simple. What teacher doesn't love pretty supplies? I sure do!

There are two main reasons I am really happy with this mini project.
1. My first grader could help make it. (It is for her teachers after all.) She really enjoys creating gifts for the people in her life.
2. It costs cents to make!


Supplies:
  • plastic clear frames (Walmart has them in many sizes for 95 cents.)
  • post-it notes (I purchased a package of large 4x4 notes... on clearance with my Staples rewards so they were FREE)
  • cardstock or scrapbook paper (already had some)
  • embellishments (ribbons, tags, letters, stickers... whatever you have on hand)

Assembly:

This could not be simpler.
Place the paper in the frame. I used two different designs for each.

Add ribbon, bows, stickers, tags, etc. Get creative! These are great because they can be any color combination or theme.

Glue post-it note to the front of the frame. Write a special note for the recipient.

Ta-da!

I can think of so many people we could make these for.  I am thinking of send this along with a pen or other school/office supplies. Does anyone else have any other ideas of items that would go well with this gift? Please share.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love